Regulated Online Casinos that are Safe to Play At
The advent of regulated internet gaming is no doubt the biggest invention, and the best thing that happened in the gambling world. Thanks to this landmark innovation, gambling enthusiasts can enjoy the luxury of playing various real-money games in a real-life casino environment without leaving the comfort of their living rooms. You can also interact and connect with players from across the world as you indulge in live dealer games like Poker or Blackjack at your favorite online casino.
Nevertheless, playing on the internet can be a bit scary because you're sending your cash to some unknown entity, and might be unsure about whether or not you'll get anything in return. That's why we're here to help you find honest and regulated gambling sites that allow you to play without looking over your shoulders.
Read through this page to learn everything about safe and regulated online casinos and how to find reputable real-money gambling sites from the scores of options on the internet. We have also compiled a list of the best, licensed casino sites for UK, Canadian, and USA players in 2022, complete with expert reviews, to make your search for the ideal website hassle-free.
Why Choose a Safe and Licensed Online Casino?
Playing at an unlicensed online casino is a risk that you simply cannot afford to take.
Unregulated operators might rig the games, refuse to pay out winnings, or they could be shut down by a regulatory body, which could ultimately result in your funds being seized. Besides, gambling sites that are not licensed and supervised by a regulatory authority may not take the necessary precautions to protect your financial and personal information from third parties.
To protect yourself and your funds, the first thing you should do when you go to a new online casino is to scroll down to the footer of the homepage and see if there is a watermark stating the casino's licensing authority. Also, some of the governing bodies have searchable websites where you can look up the online casino to find out if it's licensed by the authority if you want to be double sure. Here's a list of some of the regulatory bodies that you can trust.
- UK Gambling Commission - Companies that provide internet gambling services in Great Britain require a license from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. The UKGC is the largest regulatory authority for online casinos in the world, and sites licensed by the Commission are among the safest for players.
- Malta Gaming Authority - Next in size is the Malta Gaming Authority, providing licensing to online casinos throughout Europe. As one of the first commissions to provide safe, secure, and regulated online gambling, the MGA is well-known and highly respected all over the world.
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission - The Kahnawake Gaming Commission is the main licensing and regulatory body for online casinos in Canada. Unlike provincially licensed websites, operators supervised by the Gaming Commission can offer their services to players living in any part of the country, as well as other countries from around the world.
- Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission - With its business-friendly tax laws, the Isle of Man is a hotbed for online casinos and gambling software providers. Although the island is small in size, the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission oversees many reputable operators and is completely above board. We have featured sites that are regulated and licensed by the Commission on our website.
Warning Signs of a Suspicious Site
- Hard to Contact - The top safe online casinos are very responsive and have professional support agents to offer help to customers round-the-clock. You should take it as a red flag is the online casino site does not offer live chat or some kind of contact info like a phone number or email and if they take forever to get back to any of your queries.
- Missing or Empty Pages - If a gambling site can't take the time to have a fully developed website, they are likely not safe to play at. Go through each page like the FAQs, promotions, providers, and about us sections, and if any are missing or incomplete, be very cautious.
- Few Reported Winners - Regulated and legitimate casinos love to show off how much money they've given away and how frequently the jackpot is won on their site. If there are no reported winners, it could be that the site is just new, but if the platform has been around for a while with no jackpots ever being won, that would be highly suspect.
Best Online Casino Sites
400% Up To $3000 Bonus + 1 Free Spins!Software: RealTime Gaming
100% Up To $800 Bonus + - Free Spins!Software: Microgaming
100% Up To $1000 Bonus + 100 Free Spins!Software: Microgaming
150% Up To $200 Bonus + 25 Free Spins!Software: NetEnt
Safe and Responsible Gambling Tips
Now that we've covered what to look for in a safe online casino and how to spot bad sites, it's time to talk about what YOU can do to protect yourself when you do find a licensed website.
- Stick to Your Budget - The saying goes, "Know your limit and stay within it." Have a weekly or monthly budget category for gambling, and don't dip into other categories once you've used it up. And, of course, never view online gambling as a means to make money, but rather a means of entertainment.
- Clear Your Head - Never play if you're overtired or you risk making mistakes and losing count of how much you've spent. Also, set a time limit so that you can step back and objectively assess your situation. Those spinning wheels on a slot machine can be mesmerizing, but remember that you're playing them, not the other way around.
- Know Your Stuff - Go into online gambling with as much info as possible. If you want to play baccarat or poker, be sure you know the rules first. Research and keep in mind the odds of each game. Know that games like slots or keno have a much higher house edge than other options like blackjack or video poker. Also, if you are playing slots, look up the return to player (RTP) on the machine you want to play - the higher the RTP, the better. This is not always listed, but most regulated operators are transparent and will have no reason to hide it from you.
Use No Deposit Bonuses to Test New Sites
Before you commit to spending money at an online casino, use no deposit deals on new-to-you regulated sites. Examples of common non-deposit promotions include free money offers, free spins, and free play. Taking advantage of these promos will give you a better feel for the platform than just poking around the website, and you can learn a bit more about how the games play and how the casino operates without putting your money on the line. However, not all safe and regulated sites will offer no deposit deals to new players, but they should at least have a welcome bonus to help you start on the right foot.
It is highly advisable for new players to have a gameplan going into it by setting limits for themselves and thoroughly reviewing each site by using no deposit promos before risking their money.
Find the Best Regulated Online Casino and Start Playing
The top priority in using the internet for real-money gambling is to make sure you are protected. That's why it is advisable to only go to licensed and regulated sites like the safe online casinos that we promote here.
We have an extensive list of legal gambling sites that are licensed and supervised by the top regulators in the world, and you can rest assured that they are safe, trustworthy, secure, and fair. Feel free to use our resources to find the best, regulated, real-money casino, and start playing to win.