How to Use Minimum Deposit Bonuses to Your Advantage
The Safe and Responsible Way to Gamble Online
Now more than ever, especially in the U.S.,we're all looking for new ways to have fun while at home. It only makes sense that online gambling occurred to you as one way to do that; it can be an exciting way to feel lucky and get some money. Those are two things many of us are having trouble with right now. It's extremely important, however, to find the right online casino to not only maximize your enjoyment, but also to protect yourself from potential scams.
Thing to Consider Before Gambling Online
We've come up with a comprehensive list of things to consider when choosing an online casino and getting started:
- Check your region's legal gambling age.
- In the U.S., legal gambling ages varies from state to state and for various activities. For example, in most states in the U.S., it is legal to buy scratch tickets and the like at age 18, but the age for playing in casinos in many states is 21 years old. Be sure to check local gambling laws to ensure that you are legally permitted to play.
- In Canada, the legal gambling age also varies. For the most part, you can gamble in a casino everywhere in Canada except Alberta and Quebec, where you can gamble at age 18.
- In the U.K., you can gamble in casinos and licensed premises at age 18.
- Ensure that the casino is trustworthy and licensed. The UK, the USA, and Canada have their own regulatory bodies that accredit and license casinos, and many places have specific commissions that put together social responsibility guidelines. Don't trust just any "top code" or offer that a casino offers until you've verified their authenticity. Look for a watermark on the casino's homepage that states that they are regulated by a trustworthy and verified agency. If there isn't one, you should strongly consider playing elsewhere.
- Educate yourself on the casino's terms and conditions. There are specific terms that the casino sets for gameplay such as wagering requirements and minimum deposits for casino bonuses in their terms and conditions.
- Start slow. Do your due diligence to weed out the bad actors. Find the most trustworthy casinos with the best promotional codes, and go from there. There are many options for you to ease into online gambling. Minimum deposit bonuses, low or no wagering bonuses, and free spins are all options to get your toes wet. These are affordable, low-risk ways to play that still give you a chance to win big, as long as you familiarize yourself with the casino's terms of play! We have tips on what to look for in order to find the best codes for these bonuses, so stay with us.
Minimum Deposit Bonuses
Once you've done your research and find a handful of licensed online casinos and the best codes for your minimum deposit bonuses, you've got a good foundation for testing out each casino. Many casinos have promotional codes. Once you find the best code, you can enter it in the cashier section of the online casino. Finding the best casino codes and redeeming them before play is a great option for people who don't quite know the ins and outs of online gambling and want to test the waters, and it helps players get acquainted with various features of the casino's website, such as customer support, loyalty rewards, forums and educational resources for becoming a successful gambler.
So, what is a minimum deposit bonus, you ask? Casinos have minimum deposit requirements, which determine the minimum amount you must cash in to play. A minimum deposit bonus is often offered as a casino code to enter in the cashier section before play. Put simply, s minimum deposit bonuses give you more money to play with at the casino.
Minimum deposit bonuses come in many forms, but there are two you'll probably come across often: the Welcome Bonus and the Deposit Match Bonus. The Welcome Bonus is offered to new players to incentivize more gameplay. At some casinos, this looks like a set number of free spins or chips, but it is often a Deposit Match Bonus. A Deposit Match Bonus is a crowd favorite, as the casino rewards customers for depositing certain amounts of money. Casinos will match anywhere from 50% to 200% of your deposit depending where and when you look. If you're a beginner and you're looking for the best code for a minimum deposit bonus, the Welcome Bonus will probably the easiest one to find, and may even have the best deal.
How to Cash Out Your Minimum Deposit Bonus
There are almost always rollover requirements or wagering requirements when it comes to withdrawing your minimum deposit bonus. This means that you cannot cash out your bonus without using it in the casino first.
Wagering requirements are the number of times the bonus cash has to be wagered before a player can withdraw. However, the promotional codes and advertisement of casino bonuses can be enticing but misleading. So, it's important to be aware of the casino bonus' wagering requirements, also referred to as rollover requirements.
Examples of the Best Casino Promo Codes
Here is a breakdown of an example wagering requirement so you know what to look for while you're pursuing a minimum deposit bonus. Say a casino offers a 200% deposit match for a minimum deposit of $50 (a bonus of $100), and its wagering requirement is 20x the bonus. This casino only counts the bonus value when determining the required amount to be wagered before withdrawal. This means that you have to roll over the bonus 20 times, or gamble $2,000 before you can cash out.
Here's another example. Consider a casino that also has a for a minimum deposit of $50 and offers a 200% minimum deposit bonus, with the same wagering requirement of 20x. This casino, however, counts the bonus amount combined with the deposit amount for its minimum wager amount. This means that you would have to make $3,000 in bets to meet the wagering requirements (20x $100 bonus+ $50 deposit) for withdrawal.
All that to say, be sure to look very closely at the wagering requirements and check if your deposit is part of that equation. In addition, it is important to keep updated on the best codes out there, because you most casinos don't allow you to redeem these top codes more than once. So make sure you're balancing your decision on the basis of the quality of the casino, but also the rarity and opportunity of the deal presented by the best code. Gambling requires cost-benefit analysis, so it's important to stay on your toes! Many casinos not only have welcome bonuses, but also seasonal offers, and loyalty rewards all in the form of promotional codes, so if you're looking for free money to gamble, keep an eye out for the best codes!
As you chase these bonuses, just remember to start slow, stick to your budget, only spend time and money you can afford to lose. Take breaks and have fun!